Today, I finished the last part of my missionary physical, so I only have my dentist appointment left (which is on Tuesday), then my papers will be DONE! It's a crazy feeling, and I can't wait to just submit them and get my call. It doesn't even feel real. Sometimes, I'll be walking to class, doing homework, or trying to fall asleep, and thoughts about where I'm going completely steal my attention. I could go anywhere. Anywhere in the world. It's also just so weird that this is what my life has come to - I'm a freshman at BYU. That's still crazy enough for me. I'm two months away from finishing my freshman year, which is equally unbelievable. And, in just a few short months I'll be leaving my family for 18 months to serve the Lord and His people. What? Me, Michelle Christine Scott. I'll be doing that. You better believe it.
Today, the thing I love about myself is my laugh. It's pretty loud, and sometimes just plain annoying, but I secretly love it. When I laugh, I often apologize to the people around me because I feel like they judge it a little bit (and, let's be honest, sometimes they do). But, I'm not going to do that anymore. Because I love it's loudness. My laugh has been loud for...forever. It's just part of who I am. I like to laugh, and if you get one of my infamous loud laughs, you can bet it's 100% genuine.
I saw this video today, and it basically just spoke straight to my soul, so I thought that I would share it.
It's pretty inspiring for me right now with my happiness project. I found a lot of strength in President Eyring's words, and I love when he says "We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. We never need feel alone while we are in the Lord's service, because we never are." It's beautiful. And it's true. The gospel is true! Can I get an amen? ..."AMEN!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment