1. Become more selfless and more willing to serve.
2. Devote myself to my work and do my very best in what I do.
3. See myself as a daughter of God and learn to love myself.
That last one is really where I'm going to put my focus on this project. Each subject that I am focusing on is pretty broad, but I have lists of specific things I'll be doing for the next four weeks that will help me to get better in each of those things. It's really weird for me to say that I love myself - or that I want to, I guess. It's just kind of a weird thing. But I've been told so many times that in order to really love other people, you need to love yourself first. Those words - "I love myself" - encompass so many things. It's going to be an interesting month, that's for sure.
For #3, I decided that everyday, for the next four weeks, I'm going to write in my journal (and my blog, I think) one thing that I love about myself and why. If you didn't know, four weeks is 28 days, so that's 28 things I have to say I love about myself. That's kind of a lot.
I'm going to kick it off today by saying that I love my freckles. They're great because they're like camouflage when I have zits. They're also great because there's so many of them - so many that you might think I was a red-head, but I'm not. I've always liked my freckles because my mom has so many too, and I always wanted to grow up to look like her. Good news: I look like her, and those freckles I had when I was younger are still here :) In fact, they've multiplied. I've got plenty.
Do we get to chime in, too? Because Jennifer and I (and the cute girlies) happen to think you're pretty amazing, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Benjer! You guys are the greatest. I love you guys and I can't wait to see you!!
Delete