I really miss my brother.
I don't really get homesick all that much anymore because there's so much going on here. Today, though, I started to miss my little baby brother a whole lot. I already wrote about him on here once, but I'm going to do it again, #sosueme.
I miss the days, way back when, when we would have sleepovers in his room (he had a bunk bed). We would stay up late looking at his 4-foot-tall 100-Pokemon poster, giving each other hints, playing I Spy and memorizing the numbers of each Pokemon. We have an X Box game of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and we used to take turns playing it during lunch - one of us would play while the other ate their Campbell's vegetable letter soup. In our old house, we would take all of the cushions off of every couch in the house, and gather up every single pillow from every room, and build mazes for each other. When we were little, it worked. We made some pretty sweet mazes in our maze-making days. There were 3 flights of stairs in our old house, and we would take a sleeping bag and slide-race down the stairs. My dad had this awesome orange glow-in-the-dark ball, and on special nights he would let us stay up late, turn off all of the lights in the house, and pass the ball around. I think that those were some of my very favorite nights. During the summer, my brother and I would sit on my parents bed and eat Italian ice and strawberries and watch Spongebob with our parents. In more recent years, my brother and I would spend entire Saturdays playing co-op Halo, trying to beat the whole game in one day. I don't know if we ever managed that. Once, when my brother was about to get his license, I let him drive me illegally around town, and he took me to a park that overlooks Littleton, and we ran around in the dark looking at the stars and the mountains lit up by the city lights. That was such a good night.
I can't believe how long I've been away from him. I missed his whole soccer season - his first season on varsity. I'm growing up, and he's growing up. We're both growing up. I feel like life is happening so fast. I've already been at school for a whole semester, and when I get back from the second, I'll only have a few months before I'm gone for a year and a half. It scares me to think about how different we'll be after all that time. He's my best friend, and he always will be, so I guess there's not a whole lot to worry about. I just wish I could give him a hug, and spend tomorrow eating chips and salsa, watching Sports Center, and playing Call of Duty.
I just miss him. That's all.
I just miss him. That's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment