Today was full. The kind of full that makes you feel good - not the kind that leaves you feeling uncomfortable. The best kind of full there is.
Today, Michael entered the MTC. I thought I had it together, because I feel like I've already said goodbye to him so many different times. At first, it didn't seem any different from those other times I've said goodbye - those times, I sort of knew I'd see him again. This time, though, I realized as I was saying the words "Goodbye Elder Johnson" that this was it. This goodbye was the real one. I couldn't even say it without crying, and I literally ran away because I had started crying so hard. I sat in my psychology class after that, silently wiping away my tears and not even really pretending to listen.
But, then I realized something really important. Yes, I'm going to miss Michael like crazy. I'll miss Emma and Cecily and Tyler and Tori and Wesley and Chrysta and Rhett and Connor and Kiersten and Taylor and Allison and Alex and Van and MJ and Daniel and Billy and Sammi and Bobby and Nick and Will and Jake and so many others while they're away on their missions and I'm away on mine. But as sad as it is to see him go, and eventually all of the others, it's all for a reason so much greater than those little holes in my heart. Missionaries have a mission, believe it or not. There's a reason we're all going out to serve the Lord. And that's why we all signed up for it.
Life just goes on, I guess. I get really used to having certain people around; living in the way that's most comfortable at the time. For example, calling Michael three times (at least) a week, and telling him all about my lame college life. Or staying up late, watching movies and having sleepovers with my best pals. These things will come to an end pretty soon, here. And pretty soon, I'll be preaching the gospel all day long and going to bed at 10:30 every single night. And waking up at 6:30 every single morning. Yes, things will certainly be changing.
But for now, I've decided that I'm going to enjoy the time I have left here in Provo. Today was an absolutely beautiful fifty-five-degree day, and I think I did a fair job of enjoying the sunshine. We played outside for so long tonight, passing a football and a soccer ball, running around and just having a good time. Those are the moments I live for - when things aren't perfect, but in that moment you're happy and having fun and the world just stands still for a little bit and lets you have the time of your life.
The sunshine, the fun classes, the productivity, the heart-felt goodbye, the time spent with good friends made my day full. I'm pretty happy right now. Actually, I'm really happy right now. There's so much good in my life, and every day I'm thankful to be where I am.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also -
Another thing that makes life so great is country music. I thought I'd share my current obsession, partly in honor of Michael, because I know he likes country music, and partly because I just think everyone in the world should listen to it and be obsessed with it too. I'm in love with this song and the video that goes with it. It's been stuck in my head for a few days now. It makes me think of summer, and life, and missed opportunities, and cute boys in jeeps. What's better, really?
No comments:
Post a Comment