Today was fun. It was also sad. If I could draw a line separating the sad and the fun, I would probably put myself about 2 inches over the line on the fun side. So, the happy overruled the sad, which is what my goal was for today.
A few highlights:
Testimony meeting. I loved that we could be back at school for the first Fast Sunday of the year. It was so great to be back and to hear the testimonies of the wonderful people in my ward. I realized how much I missed them as I saw them this morning. (Even though about a third of the ward was actually there... #woops)
Team teaching with MJ in Relief Society. I love that girl, and I learn so much from her. I'm so thankful for her friendship and for all of the time that I get to spend with her and the rest of the presidency, as well as the entirety of our Relief Society. There are so many awesome girls on my floor, and I get to see them every day, and grow in the gospel with them every Sunday. It's amazing.
Being reunited with Cecily and Emma, and getting the trio back together. I missed that Cali girl and my Colorado BFF. It's funny how we've been apart for so long, but it feels like nothing has changed. I like that. I think that with good friends, that's how it should be.
Having my first lunch back in the Cannon Center. Not delicious, not even really good, but familiar and fun. It was even better because we played Scum afterwards, just like every Sunday after dinner. I'm so glad I was accepted into that group back in the day, because that has become one of my favorite "traditions" up here at BYU.
Walking to Tyler's sister's apartment in the cold (it wasn't too bad, I guess) to get a movie, then turning right back around and walking back. I always secretly love those trips, because first of all, it's so funny that we have to walk because we're freshmen, and second of all, it gives us time to just talk about whatever. Those are my favorite moments.
Spending the evening watching The RM, going to ward prayer and seeing Josh, visiting the Boettcher's, and playing some Uno.
Those weren't really highlights. That was pretty much my whole day. I missed my family today. And Michael. And Jacob. And Jaxon. And Jake. And Claudia. And June. But it was a great day, and I didn't really think too much about it, which was great. My heart has a huge, gaping wound in it, but it's healing. A little bit.
Last fun fact of the evening: Jessikia got baptized roughly 4 hours and 22 minutes ago. How incredible is that? The church is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment