Saturday, December 29, 2012

One of Those Nights

I love this song so much. I think about all of "those nights" that I've had and it makes me smile. Those nights when everything is perfect and you smile so much your face hurts; you just know you'll remember it forever.

Like... The night (I think I was 9) my dad took me outside during a lightning storm and we just laid in the grass watching the lightning for an hour. When I graduated from seminary with my "one year completed" certificate. The night at church camp a few summers ago when they turned off every light in the entire camp and let us lay under the stars for a while. All of the nights that Emma and I would sit out in her car, talking about life, occasionally crying, but usually laughing about our lives. The night that a few of my friends pulled an all-nighter and played Dog-opoly (the dog version of Monopoly, of course) all night long.The night that my friends and I walked along the shore of Manhattan beach and bonded by telling each other our secrets. The night my friend Maureen and I "snuck out" of her house past curfew, went to the park, and came running right back because we thought we were going to get arrested. The night that Jake, Emma, Cecily and I stole a traffic cone and put it in a McDonald's drive through (#rebels). My first Fourth of July at Cornerstone Park - they have the best fireworks in all the land. The night my brother almost set our house on fire (it was funny afterward...kind of.) The night we picked up my cousins at the airport when they came home from living in Maine for two years. The night of my first group date with the boy I secretly liked. The night I decided I wanted to get baptized. The night that Emma and I blasted "Call Me Maybe" in our cars, perfectly in sync, in the Arapahoe High School parking lot. The night I fell off my bike and face planted in the middle of my street (I was 6, don't judge). The night of my senior prom (but not junior prom...) The night a few summers ago when I was camping with one of my best friends, Reagan, and we played tag with all of the boys on the campsite and had to chase down a dog that ran away. The night I went to Elitch's with a bunch of my friends and we went on the Tower of Doom and the Half Pipe in the rain. The night that I saw my favorite band in the world in concert. The nights my dad would take me driving, and play his old school music that I secretly love. The night that my cross country coach, my favorite coach in the whole entire world, gave me his coach's award for the season. The night that my ward hiked the Y at midnight. The night I found out I made varsity. The night that I was finally baptized. The night I got my first stitches from cutting my knee open on a bucket. The first night that Taylor and I went to Sedalia to go star gazing...we drove all the way out there, just to chicken out and turn around because we were afraid of the dark. The night of my first high school football game...our team always sucked, but it was the atmosphere. The night that my lacrosse team junior year won our last game of the season against Heritage/Littleton, making us undefeated for the whole year (we went on to win the summer tournament too...we were kind of hot). The night that Tyler, Michael and I pulled an all nighter (I talk about this a lot, but it was a fun night).

I could do this all day. But the important part of this post is the song, and here it is:

2 comments: