Sunday, December 30, 2012

Feeling #limited

Sorry about the weird title with the hashtag in it. Sometimes I can't help myself. #sorrynotsorry #oops #somanyhastags #butnottoomany #iguessi'mkindoffunny

I only have one week of break left. I'm secretly panicking about it, because as excited as I am to go back to Provo, there are a few things that I am dreading about it. Saying goodbye to my family, Michael, and Taylor. Homework. Leaving Colorado. It's going to be just as hard to leave this time as it was the first time.

But, thankfully, today was so great that it took my mind off of all those things. It was a simple, laid-back day, but it was so great. A brief overview:

I rode the light rail with my friend Danny into Denver today. Danny is one of the greatest people I've ever known, and it's so awesome that he lives so close to me. I knew who he was before I went to BYU since he's basically famous in Colorado, but didn't know him until we ended up in the same ward. Small world. I love it.

We met up with Michael for lunch on 16th street mall. I have to admit, I don't love Denver. I'm really just not a city person. But I love 16th street because it's so full of life and culture and craziness and fun. It was just nice to be in a cute little bakery with two of my good friends, talking and laughing and catching up. Those are my favorite moments; being with people you love, just talking and having fun just being with them. I can always tell that I like someone when I have fun just sitting and talking with them. We had a good time today.

After lunch, I came home and just hung out with my family for a bit, took a short little nap, and had dinner later on with my parents. I always love hanging out with them.

Tonight was Michael's Ugly Sweater Party. I took my friend Taylor with me, and we just talked the whole drive out there. I can't believe that girl is leaving me again. I'm going to miss her so much. But it was so fun to just talk about our lives and share stories - sad times and funny times and good memories of the semester. Anyway, the party itself was so great. There's never a dull moment when you're with Michael Garrett Johnson, and that's just a fact. But we just hung out and played games, danced to the Just Dance 4 game (which I'm SUPER good at...really, I am), and had root beer floats. Taylor and I were anti-social for a little while and played the piano and sang hymns for a little while. I think people thought we were kind of weird, but it was great. I love being able to hang out with people and just have fun. Real, 100% genuine fun. I laughed a lot, which isn't surprising, but it's always a good sign.

I love Colorado and the memories I make here. I love the love that exists here. It's going to be a tough goodbye. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment