Monday, December 24, 2012

You Betcha!

This kid is on his mission right now. Already. He's on his mission. Right now, he is serving his mission. He is a missionary. I'm going to go back to Provo in a few weeks, and he will not be there for me to hang out with anymore. No more late night drives up to the top of Squaw Peak. No trips to haunted forests, haunted houses, or haunted hotels. No more Walking Dead marathons in the basement, complete with cookies and cheesy popcorn. No Maveriks hot chocolate, playing football in the front yard, going 40 over speed bumps and driving around the round-a-bout 7 times in a row, bringing doughnuts to Brynna, homemade Sunday dinners, blasting Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift, making stops at random parks to swing and stalk rich people or random day trips to Moab. Of course, I could still do all of those things, but it wouldn't be the same. I'm having a really hard time with this "goodbye for two years" thing. I love missionaries, and I know that Jake and Michael and Jaxon and Jacob and Landon and all of these other wonderful people I've met will be incredible missionaries, but I'm just so bad at saying goodbye. It will be so weird when they're not there next semester. Jake was one of the first friends I made last semester. He didn't even go to BYU; he wasn't in school at all. But since he was Emma's cousin, we hung out all the time, and we just became friends so easily and so quickly. Emma, Cecily, Jake and I. We had fun. I'm going to miss him so much, and it's going to be so weird when I realize we can't just call him and have him come pick us up for a late night adventure, but I know he'll be doing much more important things. I know that he'll be a wonderful missionary, and that all of those crazy Texans are about to be converted by one crazy Bolivian. (Well, by the spirit of course. But the Bolivian will deliver the message.) It's not even goodbye though, remember? Just a "See you later!"

But really, in Elder Boettcher's words, it's a "See ya in two!"

No comments:

Post a Comment