Saturday, August 25, 2012

Orientation-ated

Yes, that is a word.

Freshman orientation is OVER! As much as I learned, and as many cool people that I met during the first few days, I am sort of done with being herded around campus in little groups like sheep. I am really glad I took advantage of orientation and made some new friends and got to know the campus and mission of BYU better. I have this incredible feeling every time I walk around campus; I am finally, really a college kid. I am going to be living in a dorm with my very best friend in the world, and I am surrounded by people who share the same values as me. As hard as it was to say goodbye, I am finding that I am ready for this year, and I am ready to do the very best that I possibly can. My experience at BYU will be based on what I put into it, and just how much I am willing to sacrifice. I know that if I let myself, I will grow immensely and be able to discover who I am and what my purpose is.

This is all great and awesome and true, but my eyelids are heavier than I can possibly explain, and I'm going to fall asleep any second now. Tomorrow--night on the town experience from last night and list of goals and ambitions for this year.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment