I am weirdly uptight sometimes. I let things bother me that really shouldn't bother me. I dwell on stupid things that I should honestly just get over. I hate it because I feel like people sometimes think that that's just part of who I am; it's expected that I will be uptight about some things. And I just hate hate HATE that. Even this post testifies to the truth of that (ha, I'm such a Mormon) -- I'm getting uptight about being uptight. OH MY GOSH, WHY CAN'T I JUST BE NORMAL? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?
Okay, that last part was a joke. I'm not really that dramatic, I promise.
| Rather, look forward. And find joy in each step of the way. |
I know what my problem is lately, though. I have been absolutely horrible about reading my scriptures and making my morning and evening prayers a priority. It's horrible, and I feel it constantly throughout each and every day. It will change though, and it will change tonight. I know with all of my heart that once I start doing those things regularly again, I will be happy. Coupled with that knowledge is the fact that my floor is awesome. I just spent some quality time with some girls in my hall, and we just laughed and talked about random things and just had fun sitting there and getting to know each other. I'm making friends! Already! And it is an awesome feeling.
Things are about to become great in this journey I call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment