Friday, November 2, 2012

Begin Again

(Pre-post message: The title of this entry is conveniently the name of one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs, off of her new album. Cool, huh?)

I love this time of year. Halloween is over, and now we are heading into Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is the most wonderful time of the year! I decided that I am going to blog every day about what I'm thankful for, specific to experiences or feelings I had that day. I'm excited for this. Please enjoy the monotonous details about my life.

Even though it's technically November 2nd (it's 2am) this post applies to November 1st.

In my Biology class today, my teacher (who is AWESOME by the way) was talking about the competition that innately exists between animals, including humans. All of a sudden he paused, looked up at all of us, and said "Shoot. I just felt the Spirit, so I need to share this with you guys." He went on to talk about how he personally believes that humans may be innately competitive and self-serving, but that God also created us with the intention that we would be selfless and charitable.
Joseph Smith / Mormon
Not only am I thankful that he said that, because I agree with him, but I'm thankful that he can say that. I love going to school here at BYU, where I can feel the spirit in every single class because my teachers can talk about the church and the gospel. I feel so incredibly blessed that I can sit in Biology, American Heritage, or Book of Mormon and feel the spirit equally strongly in each class. The spirit lives here - it doesn't just hang out here, it lives here. That is the truth, let me tell you.


One more thing: During our Relief Society presidency meeting today, we were discussing what we wanted to teach about this coming Sunday. MJ, Karlie, and I each said that we had been thinking about teaching about Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It is no coincidence that we all had that feeling - for whatever reason, Heavenly Father wants us to talk about that with our girls this week, and He is trusting that we'll do a good job of it. Isn't that awesome? I love that that happened - the church is true.

AMEN, and AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment