It really feels like it's been forever since summer last came around. I've been out of school for two weeks now, but last night was the first night that really felt like summer was here again. My Mormon buds and I went to the dance out at the Cannery (a huge, multi-stake, outdoor dance) and just had a blast. There are sometimes when I feel awkward at dances, but not last night. I just had a good time, and didn't really care about what people thought about my awesome dance moves. After the dance, Taylor and I met up with a few people at the 7 Eleven by David Lorenz fields (turf fields on the top of a landfill), and instead of getting slurpees like we originally planned, we went into the fields that were closed off by a locked fence and ran around, looked at the stars, and screamed "YOLO" at the tops of our lungs. As lame and 7th-grader-esque as that sounds, it was so much fun, and it just embodied the things that summer should be. Hanging out and doing stupid (just not too stupid) things with your friends. I will mark that as my first Grand Summer Experience, and eagerly await my next grand adventure -- which will of course be documented.
Let the games begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment