Just 4 short days ago, I graduated from high school. It honestly still doesn't even seem real. It seems like just yesterday I was in Algebra II, and hanging out at Starbucks drinking Chai tea (pre-Mormon era, of course), going to my first arena scheduling session and dreading CSAP week because I still had to take the tests. I think of my awkward, freshman self and laugh out loud. Not in a critical way -- it's an "oh how cute" kind of laugh. There were so many days that I spent wishing that I could be older, be an upper-classman, move farther from middle school and closer to college. I suppose I got my wish: middle school now seems like it was ages ago, and college is 3 short months away.
All those years passed by so quickly; I just can't get over it. Part of me is sad about it, but that part is pretty small. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I think I'm ready for the Y. No, I'm definitely ready. I just hate saying goodbye, and I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to my friends who are going to different schools, who I may never see again. I already said some of those goodbyes without realizing it; the last week of school, Fun in the Sun day, graduation. Some of those people are no longer in my life. Crazy. But a lot of my goodbyes are really just "see you laters," so that makes it easier.
I'm a cheesey person, so I'm fine with saying the following: My journey is just beginning. I'm leaving home and starting on the path that will eventually lead me to the rest of my life. I'm ready. Let's do this.
BUT, before I do leave, I have a solid 3 months of babysitting 3 crazy boys ahead of me. Starting tomorrow. 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. One more challenge to conquer before getting to Utah...just kidding. It will be fun. Expect lots and lots of pictures and stories about these kids.
Until next time...enjoy this song. I sure do.
No comments:
Post a Comment